Hello Cappuccino Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are the medals next to some of my neighbors avatars?

3 posters

Go down

What are the medals next to some of my neighbors avatars? Empty What are the medals next to some of my neighbors avatars?

Post by Apricot Jam Wed 02 Jan 2013, 8:32 pm

Hi! When I go to the Social tab, then the Friend tab to tip/clean/tap some of my neighbors have medals (bronze, silver, gold) and others do not. I'm guessing it's a status thing, but what does it mean?

Apricot Jam

Back to top Go down

What are the medals next to some of my neighbors avatars? Empty Re: What are the medals next to some of my neighbors avatars?

Post by Mika@Harry's Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:49 pm

Hi, I can actually answer this for you! (I know, what a shock)
It's actually based on the "Nice" praises from your friends. I researched this (yes, with pen and paper, visiting my random neighbours and recording, which just shows how much time I have on my hands >_>
It seems people with high double digit (i have a neighbour with 51 likes) up to maybe 199-ish "likes" get the bronze. 200 up through maybe 999 is the silver and I only have one neighbour with the gold, and she has 3329 likes, so it's hard to say what is the minimum "likes" to get the gold
I currently have 48 likes so I need a couple more to test my first part of my hypothesis :p
The badges don't seem to be based on level or special points, I sm positive it is purely on your friends "likes"

Mika@Harry's

Back to top Go down

What are the medals next to some of my neighbors avatars? Empty Re: What are the medals next to some of my neighbors avatars?

Post by Mika@Harry's Sat 05 Jan 2013, 1:06 pm

And while I'm researching I may as well share this:
Each cafe's appearance in your neighbourhood changes as you progress in your cooking and brewing and baking
No star cafe - cocoa bean
1 star cafe - barrel
2 star cafe - sugar cube
3 star cafe - cup of latte
4 star cafe - 3 level tiered cafe
5 star cafe - teapot (with princess on top)

You can see the star by tapping yours - or anyone's profile (top left hand corner)
There it has a picture of a cup of coffee and none up to five stars arrayed below it

Mika@Harry's

Back to top Go down

Post by Apricot Jam Sun 06 Jan 2013, 8:39 pm

Mika@Harry's wrote:And while I'm researching I may as well share this:
Each cafe's appearance in your neighbourhood changes as you progress in your cooking and brewing and baking
No star cafe - cocoa bean
1 star cafe - barrel
2 star cafe - sugar cube
3 star cafe - cup of latte
4 star cafe - 3 level tiered cafe
5 star cafe - teapot (with princess on top)

You can see the star by tapping yours - or anyone's profile (top left hand corner)
There it has a picture of a cup of coffee and none up to five stars arrayed below it

Thank you so much for sharing this info! I just couldn't figure out what the badges were for, thought they had something to do with tipping frequency. You know, I just noticed a few days ago the appearance of my cafe changed from a cocoa bean to a cup of latte. I *love* all of the little details they've put into this game!!

BTW, I'm Apricot Jam if you'd like to be neighbors. I signed up for this forum before I downloaded the game. Wonder if there is a way to change my name on the forum to my cafe name???

Apricot Jam

Back to top Go down

Post by Mika@Harry's Mon 07 Jan 2013, 12:12 am

Hi,
I think as this forum is the official "unofficial" hangout, it has nothing to do with the actual game creators. So unfortunately I doubt you can change the cafe name at all, and not through this forum anyway

Re: medals
Yup! My hypothesis was correct. I received my first medal -bronze - from between 48 to 53 ticks the next day.

Re: adding
Yeah sure I would like to add you, always nice to make more friends. My name is the same as the forum name, if anyone is interested: Mika@Harry's

Mika@Harry's

Back to top Go down

Post by Asereht Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:39 am

So how exactly do we raise the amount of stars of our cafe? By mastering the recipes or...? I'm level 27 and my cafe is 1 star right now, but I have one friend who is level 30 and she is still still a cocoa bean, while another player who's level 26 is already a sugar cube! So how does it work exactly?
Asereht
Asereht

Back to top Go down

Post by Apricot Jam Wed 23 Jan 2013, 11:25 pm

Asereht wrote:So how exactly do we raise the amount of stars of our cafe? By mastering the recipes or...? I'm level 27 and my cafe is 1 star right now, but I have one friend who is level 30 and she is still still a cocoa bean, while another player who's level 26 is already a sugar cube! So how does it work exactly?

I was wondering the same thing. I was a cocoa bean, then one day I noticed I'd changed to a cup of cappuccino. I have no idea what I've done to change but it's a cool feature in the game. I'd like to be one of the fun teapots. Anyone know what that progression is and how you get there?

Apricot Jam

Back to top Go down

Post by Asereht Thu 24 Jan 2013, 2:08 am

Apricot Jam wrote:I was wondering the same thing. I was a cocoa bean, then one day I noticed I'd changed to a cup of cappuccino. I have no idea what I've done to change but it's a cool feature in the game. I'd like to be one of the fun teapots. Anyone know what that progression is and how you get there?
I think I've figured it out! It depends on the number of special points you have (the diamonds). I was looking at my friends cafe and got the following numbers:

Cocoa bean: 0-27
Barrel: 33-98
Sugar cube: 122-281
Latte: 310
3 tiered cafe: 749
Teapot: 1000+

So it's safe to assume 30+ SP changes you to a barrel, then 100+ to sugar cube, 300+ to latte. Not too sure about the 3 tiered cafe because of insufficient data XD (I only have one friend at this level LOL), and 1000+ turns you into a teapot!
Asereht
Asereht

Back to top Go down

Post by Apricot Jam Thu 24 Jan 2013, 8:06 am

Asereht wrote:
Apricot Jam wrote:I was wondering the same thing. I was a cocoa bean, then one day I noticed I'd changed to a cup of cappuccino. I have no idea what I've done to change but it's a cool feature in the game. I'd like to be one of the fun teapots. Anyone know what that progression is and how you get there?
I think I've figured it out! It depends on the number of special points you have (the diamonds). I was looking at my friends cafe and got the following numbers:

Cocoa bean: 0-27
Barrel: 33-98
Sugar cube: 122-281
Latte: 310
3 tiered cafe: 749
Teapot: 1000+

So it's safe to assume 30+ SP changes you to a barrel, then 100+ to sugar cube, 300+ to latte. Not too sure about the 3 tiered cafe because of insufficient data XD (I only have one friend at this level LOL), and 1000+ turns you into a teapot!

Thanks so much for the info, totally makes sense to me now. Smile

Apricot Jam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum